Make 5K in 30 days

Saturday, February 23, 2013


Don’t let distractions rob you of productivity!

We all have been subject to this one of letting distractions rob us of our productivity! 

Today was one of those days for me.  I continue making the intention of writing a certain amount each day and it just didn’t happen.  I’m personally still working on getting things back together in my own life with my kids and ex wife and all.

It’s a sensitive issue and every time it is brought up in conversation, I end up focusing on those things which aren’t too pleasing and it robs me of my energy, motivation, and enthusiasm.  The main issue is working on rebuilding the relationship and getting all of my old debts paid off.  It’s happening, but not as fast as I would like it too but eventually I know it will.

The only way I found that I could work through it was basically after a few hours just opening a good book and reading for a while.  That book happened to be Napoleon Hill’s “Think and Grow Rich.” 

I read the chapter on desire and a quote that I would like to share is “Wishing will not bring riches.  But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.”

Why I stop short of hitting my goals in different instances was because I lacked (and am still working on it) persistence which does not recognize failure.  I am also reminded of Thomas Edison where he failed 10,000 times trying to create the incandescent light bulb.  10,000 times, I mean I would have got so frustrated after 10 times and probably gave up!

So even in this being my blogging business, I haven’t even come close to 10,000 blog posts.  So if had to persist in order to become successful, then I must persist as well.

Don’t let anything slow you down!

-Robert Fraser-

No comments:

Post a Comment