Make 5K in 30 days

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Marketing and Life 101 People only care about themselves!


Marketing and Life 101- People only care about themselves!

After reading “How to Win Friends & Influence People” I am still learning and trying to apply those concepts in my own life.  What I’m really getting is that people only really care about themselves!

I don’t mean that to sound like a negative or a selfish thing but it’s innately true.  Think about it, the only reason you are really reading this blog post is to see what you can get from it.  It is also my hope that you do get something from it!

At the heart of copywriting, marketing, advertising, and even putting in resumes, we can sometimes be self centered.  I know, for me, this was and still sometimes an issue. 

If we simply cater everything to the other person, then we will more than likely win them to our way of thinking.

Meaning cater our resumes to our potential future employer will separate us.  The last time I put in a resume, I actually put myself in my employer’s chair and asked myself exactly what type of person do I need for this job.  I brain-stormed, came up with a number of points, and included them in the body of my resume!

In conversation, I TRY to practice what’s called conversation generosity.  Meaning I try to actually listen to the other person, let them speak fully, and agree wherever and whenever I can enthusiastically. 

In my marketing, I’m trying to put myself in my prospects shoes and writing to them personally.  I know that this may sound so simple, easy, and like common sense but believe it or not, not a lot of people actually apply this.

It is all really simple concepts, but sometimes it isn’t easy.  The most important thing is, well if you can get the book (How to Win Friends and Influence People), and just try to be the best person you can possibly be and know that in all your communications try to communicate the benefit for the other person in all your dealings!

-Robert Fraser-

No comments:

Post a Comment