Make 5K in 30 days

Monday, February 25, 2013


Staying Motivated and Not Knowing How

A couple of thoughts as far as staying motivated and not knowing how, I have and there are actually two different topics within that title.  Staying motivated is one and the other one goes a little deeper.

Not Knowing How

I have been doing a lot of research on success and how to achieve goals and things along that nature.  A lot of times I hear that you don’t need to necessarily know exactly how things are going to happen.  For example “How am I going to become a keynote speaker” but rather just focus on becoming better at speaking, still thinking and focusing on becoming a speaker, and just not focus on HOW exactly I’m going to make that happen.

I will admit this is a complex topic to me.  There have been times in my life when things just worked out and the solution came “out of the blue” and some times in life I have severely complicated things by trying to force it to happen sooner.

I guess ultimately the ideal place is thinking about your “why” and that will give you inspiration and motivation.  That inspiration and motivation will drive you towards where you really want to go even if you don’t know consciously where that is.  It’s almost like trusting your subconscious to guide you because you don’t know where exactly that is in your conscious mind.

I hear the analogy of driving in the dark.  You can only see 100-200 feet in front of you via your headlights but in the end if you keep driving you will eventually get to your destination.

-Robert Fraser-

No comments:

Post a Comment