Make 5K in 30 days

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How many times can you stand to fail?




How many times can you stand to fail and keep trying to do a certain thing?


Thomas Edison “failed” 10,000 times trying to make the incandescent light bulb work.  I have read other accounts where it was “unofficially” of 14,000 attempts before he got it right. 

He was interviewed and stated that his thinking was that he “had successfully found over 10,000 ways it would not work!”  Every “failed” attempt brought him one step closer to getting it right.

Every time I want to quit something I think (try to remember) of this story.  10,000 times and still pressing on!!!  It’s almost superhuman but then again that is why he found success.

I have also heard that success is just getting up one more time than falling down.  Just pure stickability.

I guess that’s why you have to seriously love what you do!  I learned that if you make it a game, that will change your thinking and give you that motivation to keep moving!

So whatever it is you are doing, make it a game and learn to love it.  Therein is a secret to success!

Don’t take it from me though, just look at Thomas Edison!

-Robert Fraser-

No comments:

Post a Comment