Make 5K in 30 days

Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'm sorry Home Depot

Actually I'm not..

I got a part time job working at Home Depot while I am going to school.  Every time I snag a new job there is always a learning curve. 
Marine Corps boot camp (BIG ASS LEARNING CURVE)
Drill Instructor School (BIGGER ASSED LEARNING CURVE)
Vending Machine Route Driver (Not bad for my first time dealing with civilians)
Home Depot Plumbing Associate (The only thing I know about plumbing is how to flush a toilet)
At work while dealing with customers, I found myself apologizing for being out of parts or not being a plumbing master.  I caught myself and realized that it is not my fault and I don’t have to be sorry for anything. 
It is what it is and that’s all it will ever be.  Nothing good, nothing bad, nothing lost, and nothing gained.
Everyday I learn something new about myself, people, life, and success.  I’m happy where I am and finally consider myself successful after transitioning out of the Marine Corps and into civilian life after 12 years.
I have questioned my moves a lot over the past few years.  I’m not writing this to brag or boast, but in hopes that this inspires someone to go after their dreams.
I have left the Marines after 12 years at the rank of Staff Sergeant.  I have got a major divorce and am working on repairing a relationship with 4 kids across the country.  I have been flat broke a number of times.  I have lost everything 3 times over and am rebuilding a fourth time.
All at the ripe old age of 32. 
The point is, it is never over and you don’t have to be sorry for anything.

-Robert Fraser-

No comments:

Post a Comment