Make 5K in 30 days

Monday, January 13, 2020

Can I do affiliate marketing on blogger for free


Rob Fraser here…


“I want to start affiliate marketing but I have a small or no budget, can I do affiliate marketing for free?”  To answer the question shortly, yes you can although you may want to read the rest (or at least skim) this post to learn how you can do affiliate marketing for free, and more specifically, on blogger.

There are tons of ways to make money blogging as an affiliate marketer.  Affiliate marketers choose blogging because it’s one of the cheapest ways to get people to see your affiliate offers.  If no one is seeing your affiliate offer, then you aren’t making any money.


In this post, I’m going to answer the question “can I do affiliate marketing on blogger” as well as sharing a few tips, tools, and tricks for getting started fast!


Why should you listen to me?



This pic is just one of my income streams!


I have made close to $500K in affiliate commissions over the past 5 years and am still earning a “full time income” to this day.  It wasn’t always like that, in fact I got started online in late 2010 about 9 months before I was set to leave active duty.

I struggled in the affiliate marketing space from 2010-2015 and during that process, I separated active duty.  I bounced from job to job and wasn’t really happy because the whole reason I got out was because I didn’t want a job to consume my life as much as the military did.


During this process, I kept getting deeper and deeper into debt until finally, on April 30, 2015 I written down my total debt which was $102,284.74.  Once I written that number down, it finally clicked and I made a decision. it wasn’t long I came across a simple system and a mentor, that I started to find success. 

Fast forward, I’ve paid down that six figure debt in under 9 months through affiliate marketing so I know the power of the model and is my intent to teach you how you can accomplish your own financial goals through affiliate marketing.  At the very least, I want to answer the question yes can anyone do affiliate marketing.


In this post, I’m going to cover the pros and cons of affiliate marketing on blogger, my suggested strategy if you are starting out and don’t have a lot of money to invest into your affiliate marketing business, and finally some of my highly recommended programs and products.


Pros of affiliate marketing on blogger


Some of the pros of affiliate marketing on blogspot are it’s free, quick to get started, can easily crank out content, and can easily get continuous traffic.

Free

One of the biggest reasons most affiliate marketers blog is because of the price.  You can’t beat free, although it will cost you time.  In my future blog posts, I’m going to be sharing how to find topics to blog about that people are already searching for (and it isn’t what you think).

Quick to get started

It’s very easy to get a basic blogging template up and running.  This very blog is an example of a simple and straight-forward theme.  There are some who would swear by only blogging on wordpress, but if you are struggling and trying to cut as many costs as you can in the beginning, then blogger is the way to go.

I will be sharing how I combine my blogging, youtube (or vlogs), paid traffic, and social media to create continuous traffic and a steady supply of new visitors to my blog (whether google ranks it high or low in the search engines, my strategy will work).


As of right now, I don’t have a wordpress blog and I do make six figures per year in affiliate marketing.  I only share that to show that anyone can do affiliate marketing on blogger!

Can easily crank out content to market your affiliate programs

Cranking out content is one of the easiest ways to market your affiliate programs.  In future posts, I’ll share what type of affiliate programs I bundle together.


You also can easily get continuous and targeted traffic and grow your traffic on a daily basis.


Cons of affiliate marketing on blogger


You don’t own blog, can be subject to penalties, and it doesn’t appear professional.

You don’t own the blog

Google ultimately own blogspot and that can subject you to penalties or “hidden slaps.”  I would suggest keeping a back up of all the posts you write just in case something happens.  I would also suggest eventually upgrading to your own wordpress site, but only after you have made a few bucks in commissions.

Following my complete affiliate marketing plan here will get you earning commissions, if you stay committed and focused!

Not Professional Looking

You can go the extra miles and hire graphic designers and create logos from FiverR, but when you are starting out that can be stretching the budget.  I started with a free google blogspot for my affiliate marketing career and I still use it to this day!

Plus if you are utilizing my complete affiliate marketing strategy, then it is not going to matter if your blog looks professional or not as you will have so much traffic coming to it that you will be in profit anyways.  You can later choose to make it look more professional as you hire on designers, logo creation, and can even just outsource the whole writing blogs in and of itself!


My suggested strategy of affiliate marketing on blogger


First of all, my answer is yes you can do affiliate marketing on blogger.  I do have some guidance if this is going to be your main method of marketing.


How to do affiliate marketing on blogger


Google search for what people would be searching for who are interested in making money blogging.  I will discuss how to find topics to talk about blogging for affiliate marketing in future blog posts.  A few things off the top are reviews of programs or products, why have you gotten involved in affiliate marketing, answering questions, and ideas from other blogs, articles, and videos.



You can even mix it up by blogging about your life (vacations, work life, family life, activities, and etc).  You don’t want to limit yourself to one main topic.  I’ve made more money combining my life (to a degree) with my marketing. 

Don’t be so affiliate focused that you forget to add your personality into your blogging.


Join a couple of affiliate programs and write up reviews, your experience, and anything else related to the type of programs or products that you are promoting.

Social media, email list, paid traffic, youtube, other blogging platforms
Share your blog across your social media profiles and also strive to grow your social media network on a daily basis.  I will share some training on this in future blog posts.  The whole idea is to not be so one sided and just relying on the search engines.


When I started, I was broke and could only do blogging and vlogging via Youtube.  When I started making money, I just relied on paid traffic and stopped blogging.  This ended up biting me in the butt once I learned the truth behind some paid traffic sources.  I’ll be sharing more about this in future blog posts as well!

I’ve wasted a lot of money on junk traffic and not testing!

Be sure to check out how to start affiliate marketing with no money!

I personally use blogging just like my Youtube videos.  I crank out posts answering questions and then I email these posts to my email list that I generate from blogging, my video marketing (youtube or “vlogs”), and my paid traffic.

This is how I can grow my readership of my blog with or without being ranking high in the search engines.  I do have a deeper understanding about ranking in the search engines as well, and yes I will share more in future blog posts.


It’s impossible to jam it all in this post, so be sure to opt into my email list here and get notified when I update the blog here.

Free strategies for broke marketers to do affiliate marketing on blogger

Blogging, Vlogging (videos), social media, forums, and classified ads are great places to start.  I will be writing more posts on different strategies in the future so make sure to subscribe!


Recommended tools and products


A Wealthy Affiliate account (my next post will be all about Wealthy Affiliate as a great place to learn affiliate marketing, Lead funnels, Lead Lightning, an autoresponder, and some quality sources of traffic.

This also keeps the cash coming in on a daily basis.  When you are starting out, it can be slow going and if you have something that can potentially give you life changing income right out the gate while you build your passive income, then you truly have a business that can free you!

I know I jammed in a whole but, but again opt in here to get on my email list and I’ll send out newer posts while we go down this road!

Until next time!
Rob Fraser

5 comments:

  1. VERY NICE! Thank you Rob, glad I took the time to read the entire post. It was very helpful, I took notes, look forward to more teachings from you. Your blog must be helping many of us. Nate Weems, Sr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm going to edit this post a little to make it more clear. It's a little challenging to write with a toddler running around. I appreciate your comments and will make a stronger effort to be clear!

      Delete
  2. If you're attempting to lose kilograms then you certainly have to jump on this brand new custom keto plan.

    To create this service, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and top chefs have united to develop keto meal plans that are productive, decent, money-efficient, and delightful.

    From their grand opening in January 2019, hundreds of clients have already completely transformed their figure and health with the benefits a smart keto plan can offer.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-certified ones offered by the keto plan.

    ReplyDelete